Statistically speaking, there’s roughly a 98% chance that you will not be invited in for an IRS audit this year. That’s good news for most taxpayers, but provides little consolation to those who are among the 2% singled out for a tax audit. A certain number of IRS audits are conducted on a purely random basis, while other audits are based on tax returns that have missing information, an unusually high number of itemized deductions, or those that claim large cash contributions to charities—primarily if the contributions are disproportional to the taxpayer’s income. There are actually about a dozen different factors that will increase your chances of a tax audit, ranging from claiming tax shelter investment losses on tax returns to working in an occupation or business that tends to receive a lot of cash payments or tips.
One way to reduce the chances of being the target of an IRS tax audit is to have your returns prepared by an experienced, certified tax professional. Munoz & Company, CPA, has the in-depth knowledge of the latest tax laws and regulations to provide you with steadfast guidance on avoiding or mitigating many of the potential red flags that tend to trigger an IRS tax audit while filing in inaccurate returns. In addition to quick service and an experienced staff, I can also represent you before the IRS in the event of a tax audit on your returns. With Munoz & Company, CPA, as your trusted tax advocate and adviser, it may be entirely unnecessary for you to attend your own tax audit because I will appear on your behalf.
Licensed in 1982, Gilbert J. Munoz, CPA, serves the diverse tax needs of businesses and individuals in the Tampa, FL, area. My many services include tax resolution help and tax audit representation. For clients who find themselves in the difficult position of owing back taxes, I also provide reasonably priced tax consultation and IRS representation. Whether you’ve been chosen for a tax audit or face other tax issues for which my services would be needed, I’m ready to help you at a moment’s notice. I’ll assist you with:
- Delinquent returns (filing back taxes)
- Appeals of IRS Liens and levy collections
- Offer in compromise
- Payroll tax resolution
- Other IRS tax problems
An initial consultation for tax resolution problems is free, and I charge a flat fee for preparing and submitted an Offer In Compromise on your behalf to the IRS. Regardless of your tax issues, if you need help with the IRS, Munoz & Company, CPA, has the expertise and extensive knowledge to help you overcome your tax problems and attain the most advantageous tax resolution available to you. Depending on the circumstances, I may be able to help you avoid thousands of dollars in tax penalties, interest fees, and other costs.
Whether you’ve been notified of an IRS audit (and don’t know what to do) or you’d like to reduce your chances of a tax audit in the future, call or e-mail me for more information. IRS audits need not be a concern of yours when you have Munoz & Company, CPA, in your corner.